[vemba-video id=”van/sc/2019/05/01/bang_cee74be4-3b15-4238-9cf4-b9c8d3e30236″]DENVER — Logan Couture scored the go-ahead goal with just over seven minutes left in regulation time and completed his first career playoff hat trick with 29.5 seconds to go to lead the Sharks to a wild 4-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday in Game 3 of their second-round playoff series.Just 65 seconds after Colorado’s Matt Nieto tied the game 2-2 off a redirection in front of the Sharks’ net, Couture took …
9 May 2014The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) will announce the final results of South Africa’s general elections at 6pm on Saturday, IEC chairperson Advocate Pansy Tlakula announced on Friday afternoon.“We’ve received four objections submitted in terms of section 155 of the Electoral Act, and the commission will deal with these before we announce the final results at 6pm [on Saturday] at the Results Operations Centre [in Pretoria],” she said.The announcement will be broadcast live on SABC2 as well as on various other news channels. Tlakula said they were in the process of finalising the capture of the results in the last few remaining voting districts.According to Tlakula, the results had already been finalised in three provinces – Mpumalanga, the Northern Cape and North West – while 99.9% of ballots had been counted in Limpopo.“In the remaining provinces, we are on the verge of finalising the results, with the outstanding results for just over 400 voting districts,” she said. “We are also awaiting the delivery of ballots from eight foreign missions for inclusion in the count for the international voting district.“So far, we’ve captured and finalised 17.69-million national votes and 17.12-million provincial votes.”Tlakula said the national voter turn-out so far stood at 73.26%, while for the provinces it was as follows:Eastern Cape: 70.28%Free State: 72.57%Gauteng: 76.57%Kwazulu-Natal: 76.79%Limpopo: 63.31%Mpumalanga: 75.68%North West: 68.76%Northern Cape: 73.82%Western Cape: 74.23%Of the votes captured and audited so far, 1.30% had been spoilt, which is almost identical to the 2009 election, which recorded 1.31% of spoilt ballots.Source: SAnews.gov.za
Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ “Golovkin is a family man. He has always been very, very, very focused,” Sanchez said. “He has never been the type of guy to go out at night. You are never going to lose him for a day.“He just bought his first car six months ago. He didn’t have a car before because he said he spends all his time in the gym.”Golovkin declined to speak about the birth at a news conference on Wednesday at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino.“Please don’t ask me about my family. I am just focused on boxing,” he said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Golovkin stayed in the gym for two hours after his wife, Alina, gave birth to the couple’s second child. They also have a son. “He didn’t leave the gym until 6 pm,” Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez said. “The baby was born at 4 pm.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“His wife was in the hospital for one day. She came home next day so he was home with them.”Golovkin, who holds the World Boxing Council, World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation middleweight belts, will face Canelo Alvarez in a 12-round mega title fight on Saturday in Las Vegas. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters JRU wins fifth in six games, trumps Letran Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Manny Pacquiao on Floyd Mayweather: Let him enjoy retirement PLAY LIST 00:44Manny Pacquiao on Floyd Mayweather: Let him enjoy retirement01:49Pacquiao to Mayweather: Want fans to stop asking for rematch? Then fight me again01:40Keith Thurman says it’s ‘game over’ for Manny Pacquiao02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim LATEST STORIES MOST READ WBC, WBA and IBF middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin attends a news conference at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on September 12, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Golovkin will defend his titles against Canelo Alvarez at T-Mobile Arena on September 16 in Las Vegas. Ethan Miller/Getty Images/AFPGennady Golovkin is one of the most dedicated boxers in the world and even the birth of his daughter couldn’t pry him out of the gym.The three-belt champion missed the birth on Friday because he was training for his upcoming world middleweight title fight.ADVERTISEMENT Sanchez said he was concerned during the long training camp about how Golovkin was doing with the baby on the way and the most important fight of his career around the corner.“I started to voice my concern. ‘The baby’s not here’. He said ‘coach the baby is going to come whether I am there or not. I have already done my part.’”Sanchez said Golovkin has been in high spirits as the fight preparation shifted this week from their training camp to Las Vegas.“He is in a great mood. I don’t know if it is because of the baby being here or if because he finally got the fight he wanted,” Sanchez said.Sanchez says Golovkin is a good father and just as dedicated to his family as he is to his work.ADVERTISEMENT Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo View comments
Advertisement Advertisement TORONTO – An upcoming exhibit featuring the work of controversial photographer Raghubir Singh will be accompanied by a display outlining sexual misconduct allegations against the late artist.The Royal Ontario Museum says it hopes to spark conversation with the concurrent program #MeToo & the Arts, meant to explore gender inequity.South Asian Art curator Deepali Dewan calls it a “milestone” in the way the museum handles difficult content, expecting the head-on approach to shape the way it handles future projects that may be problematic. LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Twitter “Modernism on the Ganges: Raghubir Singh Photographs” offers a retrospective of a man who pioneered the use of colour film in capturing street scenes in India from the late 1960s to the 1990s. Singh died in 1999.The touring exhibit was the subject of a protest in New York last year by Brooklyn-based artist Jaishri Abichandani, who in previous reports has accused Singh of coercing her into sex during what she thought was a work trip to India.Both displays run July 21 to Oct. 21.Dewan says the #MeToo program is the result of lengthy consultations with Abichandani and Singh’s family, and an external advisory committee made up of leaders in the arts community and women’s advocacy. Abichandani could not immediately be reached for comment.“It’s difficult because there’s pain on all sides and we wanted to make sure we proceed in a respectful way,” says Dewan.She says the museum wants to be a place where visitors can tackle tough questions and address current debates.“We really want to be a civic hub at the ROM and we really want to be a place where important issues that are on our visitors’ minds that they’re talking about, that is relevant in their lives — we want to be a space where those things can be discussed. And it’s not easy. This is really, really hard.”She says the museum first heard of the allegations late last year, soon after the #MeToo movement came to the fore.“At that time in the #MeToo movement, it seemed like the only option out there that other institutions and industries were following were: When allegations came up, you would either cancel whatever you were doing or you would ignore it. It really felt to us like neither of those options were good,” says Dewan.“We are in a moment where museums are really grappling with what to do and there isn’t one clear answer,” she adds.“If we had another year or two years to work on this, maybe we would have made other choices. And if the artist was alive, let’s say, and there were active charges and an active case against it, we might have made different choices, as well.”She says the display will outline the allegations and how various museums have tackled the issue of sexual harassment against other artists. A third section will feature video clips of arts professionals reflecting on these issues.There will also be films, panel discussions and possibly live performances that address gender issues.Dewan says she expects the exhibit will mark a new approach to handling such thorny topics: “It’s not the first time and not the last time.”by Cassandra Szklarski | The Canadian Press Login/Register With: Facebook
APTN National NewsWhitehorse has seen 29 sexual assault cases in six months. And that’s just the number that has been reported.Women’s groups in the community are becoming concerned about the high rate of assaults, and they’re asking the question: how many more cases are going unreported, because women are afraid to speak out?APTN National News reporter Shirley McLean has more.
New Barcelona signing Kevin-Prince Boateng could make his debut in tonight’s Copa del Rey clash against SevillaThe 31-year-old forward made a shock loan transfer to Barcelona on Monday from Serie A side Sassuolo until the end of the season with the option of it becoming a permanent deal this summer for €8m.Barcelona’s decision to sign Boateng came in light of Munir El Haddadi’s departure to Sevilla earlier this month with Paco Alcacer leaving Camp Nou last summer for Borussia Dortmund.This had left Ernesto Valverde’s side short of centre-forward options with Luis Suarez bearing most of the workload this season.Now Barcelona have confirmed that Boateng has been named in a 19-man squad for the trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.The unsettled Denis Suarez, who has been heavily linked with a loan move to Arsenal this month, has been left out of the team for tonight’s first leg quarter-final clash.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.Also missing is Lionel Messi, who has been handed a rest by manager Valverde in favour of giving some academy stars like Riqui Puig a chance.Speaking ahead to the tie on Tuesday evening, Valverde warned his Barcelona team to not lose their focus as they chase a fifth successive Copa del Rey title this season.“Our analysis was based on the fact that they are a strong rival at home and in the knock-out ties they have always been very solid,” said Valverde in a press conference.“Sevilla are a great team with experience in the qualifying rounds and have the measure of this competition. They will be a tough team in this tie.”The last time these two sides met in the Copa del Rey came in last season’s final, which saw Barcelona thrash Sevilla 5-0 at Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano to claim a 30th crown.The Sevilla and Barcelona Copa del Rey match will begin tonight in Andalusia at 21:30 (CET).
Posted: November 12, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Wildfires Fire rips through occupied Ramona-area home November 12, 2018 Updated: 4:06 PM KUSI Newsroom RAMONA (KUSI) – A resident escaped injury when a back-country home near Mount Woodson caught fire Monday, officials said.The blaze erupted shortly after 1 p.m. in the 16000 block of Salida del Sol in Ramona. It took firefighters about 40 minutes to subdue the flames, according to Cal Fire.The one resident who was in the house at the time was able to get out safely, said Jon Heggie, a fire captain with the state agency.Though the blaze broke out during a period of heightened weather- related wildfire danger, ground crews and personnel aboard firefighting aircraft were able to keep the flames from spreading to nearby vegetation, Heggie said.No injuries were reported.The cause of the fire was under investigation.This is a developing story, please check back for more updates. KUSI Newsroom, FacebookTwitter
Share Mary Altaffer/APThe Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that it will begin welcoming girls into its programs “after years of receiving requests from families and girls.”In a move that shakes up more than a century of tradition, the Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that starting next year, it will welcome girls into some Scouting programs.The BSA said in a statement on its site that girls can join its Cub Scouts program starting in 2018. It will be up to existing packs to decide whether they will remain all-boys, go co-ed or create all-girl divisions. Cub Scout dens, which are smaller units of six to eight kids within packs, will remain single-gender.As for older girls, the organization says it will announce a program next year that will enable them to earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout. It hopes to have the program in place in 2019.“This unique approach allows the organization to maintain the integrity of the single gender model while also meeting the needs of today’s families,” BSA said.The decision comes after years of requests from families, the organization said. “Most are dual-earners and there are more single-parent households than ever before, making convenient programs that serve the whole family more appealing.”It added that the move is also geared toward Hispanic and Asian communities, which are “currently underserved” and “prefer to participate in activities as a family.”The Boy Scouts serves more than 2 million young people, according to last year’s annual report. The organization has moved to become more inclusive, after years of declining membership — announcing in 2013 that it would admit openly gay youths and ending a blanket ban on gay leaders in 2015. Earlier this year, the group announced it would admit transgender boys.As The Two-Way reported in August, the Boy Scouts had for months been “exploring the benefits of bringing Scouting to every member of the family — boys and girls,” according to spokeswoman Effie Delimarkos. That didn’t sit well with the Girl Scouts of the USA, whose leadership accused the Boy Scouts of running a “covert campaign to recruit girls.”In a scathing letter published by BuzzFeed News at the time, Girl Scouts National Board President Kathy Hopinkah Hannan called the Boy Scouts’ plan unsettling and said it would only serve to undercut the Girl Scouts. She added that a co-ed model goes against “research supporting single gender programming.”The Girl Scouts did not immediately respond to a request for comment following the Boy Scouts’ decision Wednesday.The Boy Scouts already has certain co-ed programs in place, including Venturers and Sea Scouts, both billed as character-building programs, and Exploring, which focuses on career building.The announcement about welcoming girls came on the International Day of the Girl, which the U.N. says, “aims to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face, while promoting girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.”Copyright 2017 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.
×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety And while there will be some filters available during performances, the experience really starts to shine during change-overs, with Goldenvoice’s spokesperson promising “space objects like planets, asteroids, and stars,” space stations and a life-size space shuttle, as well as tie-ins with a variety of on-site installations, including one that chronicles “the spacefaring attempt from a group of discombobulated hippos.”The AR-enabled stage is just a first step for Goldenvoice to bring these kinds of technologies to music festivals, according to the company’s spokesperson. “We always like to be on the cutting edge of technology in the space, and we’ll be nimble to change what we do depending on what is technically feasible,” he said. Coachella is embracing augmented reality (AR) with an immersive stage experience that encourages the audience to take out their phones and participate with audio-reactive AR filters. The experience, which has been produced by Coachella’s digital innovation team, will debut this Friday, and will be available during both festival weekends.“We want to provide fun and cutting edge experiences for the people who attend the show,” said a spokesperson for Goldenvoice, the company behind Coachella. “During sets, attendees can use a number of different AR filters that react to the audio coming out of the speakers.”The AR experience will be available at the festival’s Sahara stage, where acts like Diplo, Jaden Smith, Kid Cudi, Whiz Califa and Gucci Gang are scheduled to play. Audience members can access the experience right from within the Coachella app via the Coachela Camera option. The app also offers the ability to capture and save photos and videos of the AR experience.