Investigators praised for fight against child porn

first_imgNZ Herald 25 June 2012The war against child pornography in New Zealand has resulted in o close to 200 convictions over the past five years, officials say. A Rotorua man is the latest sent to jail after a Department of Internal Affairs investigation. Steve O’Brien, who heads the department’s censorship compliance unit, told the Herald his team was making a “major impact” nationally and globally, and its approach has been described as world-leading. Forty-two-year-old Christopher David Harold Grant was sent to prison on Friday for three years after a tip-off from a US agency led investigators to him. In December 2010, a complaint to the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children in the United States revealed Grant had uploaded images of teenagers aged 13 to 15 in naked poses to a website three months before. He was arrested as part of an international investigation which resulted in five arrests in New Zealand and 55 others in 20 countries. Mr O’Brien said the most important part of his unit’s work was that it involved innocent children.…In other recent serious cases, Papamoa Beach cargo fumigation technician Cameron Mark Dunn last month admitted possessing and distributing child pornography – including images of babies and toddlers being sexually abused – over three years. In March, a Waikato businessman was sentenced to 10 months’ home detention after he was caught sharing files with an undercover investigator online.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10815206last_img read more

Kelver Darroux identifies changes made under his leadership

first_img Sharing is caring! 48 Views   no discussions Share Share Tweetcenter_img Hon. Kelvar Darroux. Photo credit: GIS NewsParliamentary representative for St. Joseph Kelver Darroux believes several new changes under his leadership in St. Joseph and Layou have impacted positively on the lives of his constituents.Darroux who was speaking on the Government in Focus Programme last night, said he will continue to serve the people of that area inspite of their political affiliationHe says under his new representation he was able implement a website to keep in touch with Dominica overseas in an effort to get them to contribute to the development of their community.According to him the new fire and ambulance service which serves the west coast is added advantage to the people who need that service.Darroux said the people of St. Joseph and Layou have also benefited significantly from the Basic Needs trust Fund.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews Kelver Darroux identifies changes made under his leadership by: – June 17, 2011 Sharelast_img read more

Adequate security a critical concern for Government of Dominica

first_img Sharing is caring! Share Share 10 Views   no discussions Sharecenter_img Tweet LocalNews Adequate security a critical concern for Government of Dominica by: – June 30, 2011 Photo credit: karmickappuccino.comSeveral sectors of the community in the past months have been calling on the Government to implement measures which will provide address the concern of security on the island.In this year’s budget address Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said although the provision of adequate security to the population is a major challenge, the Government’s response to the issue is a multifaceted one.“A critical component is providing adeqate facilities to the security forces. In that regard, repairs are being undertaken to a number of police stations. New police stations are being considered but during the year focus will be on the completion of the Grand Bay Police Station” he said.Work on this project is said to be 65 % completed, and it is anticipated that it will be completed in the fiscal year 2011/2012.Another concern for the Government according to Mr. Skerrit is the security system at the state prison. He stated that they are working towards introducing a security system which is in tune with today’s technology.“Our points of entry and exit also need to be secured and as a result a customized border management software costing $4.6 million Canadian Bank Note is being developed. The introduction of this new border management programme will also address the issue of fraudulent travel documents and will enable the immigration officers “real time linkage” to the international security agencies thus allowing for immediate feedback on suspicious documents or individuals” he said.Government is also investing $4.9 million in a new system which will assist in validating important documents such as birth certificates and this will be implemented in the new fiscal year. This is particularly critical as last month the Dominica Police Force uncovered a passport scam and later arrested and charged three civil servants on several charges which included forging of birth certificates and other passport documents.The Melville Hall Fire Station which involves the contruction of the main building where the fire officers will be housed and another building to house equipments is 54% completed. This project will provide a significant addition to the air access project.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Etebo completes Getafe Switch

first_imgThe Super Eagles midfielder had a touchy final word for Stoke City faithful after completing his loan move to the La Liga side. Loading… Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalReal World Archaeological Finds That Would Stump Indiana JonesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime The midfield enforcer agreeing to a six-month loan deal with the option of making the move permanent in the summer. The English Championship side confirmed the transfer on Wednesday on their Twitter page with the following statement: “Etebo has today completed his move to Spanish side Getafe, Stoke City can confirm. https://twitter.com/etebo_karo/status/1215276551434129408/photo/1 “The Nigerian midfielder will spend the remainder of the 2019/20 season with the La Liga outfit.”Advertisement The Nigerian midfielder will spend the remainder of the 2019/20 season with the La Liga outfit. The Nigeria international joined the Potters in 2018 from Feirense on a five-year-deal for £6.35 million. The 24-year-old then went on to enjoy a fabulous debut season following which he was named South West Stokies Stoke City Player of the Year. But the Potters endured a terrible start to their 2019 campaign and when manager Michael O’Neill was hired, Etebo gradually saw his chances with the team dried up. Getafe have, however, handed the former Warrior Wolves star a chance to rediscover his best form. Following his move, Peter Etebo has sent an emotional farewell message to the Stoke City faithfuls, promising to love them till the end of days. Read Also:How Etebo moved temporarily to Getafe “New chapter, just want to use this opportunity to appreciate all the fans from Stoke, StokeLoudProud, StokeCity you guys will forever stay in my heart and Goodluck for the rest of the season,” the former Las Palmas midfielder wrote on his official Twitter page. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Bundesliga: Kamada out to break duck after Europa League hat-trick

first_imgThe Europa League’s joint top-scorer is now all the more determined to break his Bundesliga drought when mid-table Frankfurt host Union Berlin on Monday.“Now I just want to finally score a goal in the Bundesliga,” Kamada said with a smile.“I am happy about the three goals, but more so to be able to help the team. Everyone was up for it and played really well.”The 23-year-old hit the opening goal after 12 minutes, then added a second just before the interval when he broke from the halfway-line, and wrapped up with a header just eight minutes into the second half.Kamada then turned provider, starting the move which ended with Filip Kostic hitting Frankfurt’s fourth.He became the third highest Japanese scorer in European club competition behind Shinji Kagawa, who scored 11 for Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United, and Liverpool’s Takumi Minamino who has so far also scored 11.Makoto Hasebe (L) celebrates with Daichi Kamada (R) during Eintracht Frankfurt’s win over Salzburg in the Europa League on Thursday. Kamada has not scored in 17 Bundesliga games this season, but Thursday’s hat-trick gave him six goals in the Europa League, all in his last three games. Loading… “Daichi Kamada played really well,” said his Frankfurt team-mate Makoto Hasebe, who is also a Japanese international.“We have to be careful in the second leg and not switch off.“We have shown as a team what we can do today, but the evening wasn’t perfect there are still things to improve,” added the ex-Frankfurt club captain.Frankfurt goalkeeper Kevin Trapp has often been on the wrong end of Kamada’s finishing. Japan midfielder Daichi Kamada is eager to break his goal drought in the Bundesliga after hitting a Europa League hat-trick inside 40 minutes to propel Eintracht Frankfurt to a 4-1 home victory over Salzburg in their last 32, first-leg tie.Advertisement Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets6 Most Overpowered Live Action Disney CharactersThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Top Tastiest Foods From All Over The World14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowThe 90s Was A Fantastic Decade For Fans Of Action Movies6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone Read Also: Focus on Paderborn, not Chelsea; Flick warns Bayern Munich“Kamada scores even more goals in training than in the game. He scored the second one brilliantly,” said the Germany shot-stopper.Frankfurt have been erratic in Germany’s top flight this season.They hammered Bayern Munich 5-1 in Frankfurt last November and shocked title-contenders Leipzig 2-0 only to crash to a 4-0 defeat at Dortmund last Saturday to leave them 10th in the table.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Hand in Hand

first_imgAll parents and grandparents relish those years when their family members are playing sports.  How else can you explain two people in their 70’s driving to watch the grandson/granddaughter play a ball game on Tuesday night with snow in the forecast?  Don’t get me wrong–I relished every minute Gina was playing and just wish our two grandchildren weren’t 700 miles away so we could see them play.  You have all seen the jump for joy of a kid into a parent’s arms after a big win or the parent consoling their son/daughter after a tough loss.  Nothing can replace those pictures of a dad walking hand in hand with a young son after his first game.  It is really impressive when you see the young child look up toward his dad and you can just imagine in his mind saying “boy, some day I hope to be just like my dad.”last_img read more

Lady Cardinals Split With St. Mary’s Lady Bulldogs

first_imgThe 8th Grade Lady Cards fell 39-16.Scoring for SLS were Megan Bauer with 13 pts, and Sadie Wachsmann with 3 pts.  We couldn’t get an offense running or a defense until the 4th quarter which was in return to late.  Nice hustle ladies and great efforts.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Erin Trenkamp. The St. Louis Lady Cardinals battled The St. Mary’s Lady Bulldogs at Aurora.The 7th Grade brought home the win with a final score of 32-23.Scoring for SLS were Kate Weber with 8 pts, Catherine Streator with 7 pts, Izza Wonnell with 5 pts, both Claire Saner and Sadie Wachsmann with 4 pts, and Lilly Schebler with 2 pts.  The ladies started the game off slow and found their game the second half.Nice win ladies the Cards are now 12-1 for the season.last_img

Oldenburg Academy presents ‘Godspell’

first_imgOldenburg, In. — The Oldenburg Academy invites the public to the production of Godspell March 8 and 9 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children. For more information please call 812-934-4440.last_img

Cricket News Three Maidens In A Twenty20 International – Deepti Sharma Of India Creates Record

first_imgNew Delhi: In Twenty20 Internationals, bowling a maiden over is a rare feat. However, Deepti Sharma of India created a unique and historic feat in the Twenty20 International between India and South Africa at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium in Surat on Tuesday. Sharma, the offbreak bowler, ended with incredible figures of 4-3-8-3 as India won a close match by 11 runs against South Africa. The series is part of the build-up for the women’s cricket team ahead of the Women’s World T20 which will be played in Australia in February. Deepti was the star in what was a polished bowling performance from India in their defence of 131.Deepti bowled the third over of the innings and she started off with a maiden over. However, in her second over, she was brilliant by removing Tazmin Britts and Nadine de Klerk in the same over. With figures of 2-2-0-2, Deepti was taken off the attack only for her to return in grand style in the 14th over and bowl a wicket-maiden, having taken the scalp of Shabnim Ismail to leave South Africa reeling at 73/7. Deepti bowled the 19th over when South Africa were going for the attack but conceded just eight runs which did not include a single boundary. Deepti became the first Indian bowler and ninth overall to bowl three or more maidens in a Twenty20 International game. Carol Namugenyi of Uganda, Kayleen Green of Namibia, Constancia Kauripeke of Namibia, Anam Amin of Pakistan, Tasmeen Granger and Anesu Mushangwe of Zimbabwe and Margueritte Vumiliya of Rwanda are the others to have bowled three maidens. However, the only bowler in history to bowl all four maidens is Perice Mamunya of Tanzania and she achieved this record in the game against Mali women in the Twenty20 clash in Gahanga International Cricket Stadium, Kigali on June 22, 2019.Also Read | THIS player wanted indefinite break from International Cricket after World Cup T20Deepti’s efforts ensured India continued to build momentum for the World T20 after South Africa chose to bowl at Surat. Ismail got rid of Shafali Vaidya in the first over. Smriti Mandhana looked in good touch but she also fell for a quickfire 21. It required a 46-run stand between Harmanpreet Kaur and Deepti to help India cross 100 but India lost their way in the death overs, managing just 25 runs in four overs. Also Read | BCCI confirms three-team Women T20 ChallengeIn response, South Africa never got going against the spin of Deepti and Poonam Yadav. However, Mignon du Preez kept the fight going for South Africa. du Preez got going with two boundaries off Poonam Yadav but she gave India some nervous moments with a six and a four off Radhav Yadav. When du Preez launched Harmanpreet for her second six, South Africa had staged a fightback. du Preez smashed her fifty and in the final over, with South Africa needing 18 and with Radha Yadav bowling, she went for the attack. du Preez launched the first ball for a six but was stumped off the fourth ball and India managed to hold their nerve.The second match of the five-game series will be played on September 26. After the end of the five-match series, the teams will play three ODIs in Vadodara. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Rohr Unveils 23-man Squad For Zambia Showdown

first_imgSuper Eagles’ head coach, Gernot Rohr, has called up 23 players ahead of next week’s crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against the Chipolopolo of Zambia in Uyo.The 23-man list includes majority of the squad that negotiated the double header against African champions Cameroon in the last set of qualifiers. It has 3 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 6 midfielders and 7 forwards.Only two players namely Portugal-based goalkeeper Dele Alampasu and wing back Tyronne Ebuehi drop out of the last squad with South Africa–based Daniel Akpeyi and Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi making their return from injury to take their spots.Alampasu and Ebuehi have been named on a 5-man list of standby players by Franco-German coach Rohr. Two home-based players, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Afeez Aremu, join the aforementioned duo on the list after their heroics at the just concluded WAFU. CSKA Moscow forward Aaron Samuel is the fifth name on the standby list.Nigeria host Zambia on Saturday, October 7 in Uyo with the knowledge that a win would be enough to seal a 6th FIFA World Cup appearance in Russia next summer.All invited players are expected to report to camp in Uyo by Monday, October 2, 2017.Super Eagles List:Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah); Ayodele Ajiboye (Plateau United FC)Defenders: William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany); Elderson Echiejile (Sivasspor FC, Turkey); Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium); Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France); Olaoluwa Aina (Hull City, England)Midfielders: Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China); Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey)Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Odion Ighalo (Chang Chun-Yatai, China); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Anthony Nwakaeme (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)Standby: Dele Alampasu (Cesarense FC, Portugal); Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Afeez Aremu (Akwa United); Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (Akwa United)Related2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Gernot Rohr Release Super Eagles List For Cameroon ClashAugust 23, 2017In “National Team”Russia 2018: We Are Not Ready For The World Cup – Rohr (AUDIO)April 26, 2018In “National Team”Rohr Restates Preference For Foreign-based Players (AUDIO)March 10, 2020In “Featured”last_img read more