The Italy midfielder, 26, instead followed head coach Maurizio Sarri from Naples to Stamford Bridge in July, signing a five-year contract.It has meant that Guardiola has had to continue to rely heavily on Fernandinho in the midfield anchor role, with the Brazil international the only outfield player to have started all 15 of City’s league games to date.– Fernandinho praise –Guardiola was reluctant to discuss the disappointment of failing to sign Jorginho, but was happy to extol the virtues of Fernandinho, who turned 33 in May.“He did not come to compete with Fernandinho to be part of our team — but what Fernandinho has done here, not just this season but all the years we have been together, is incredible,” he said.“I understand completely that most of the good things we have in this moment is thanks to that guy. I am very pleased for him and pretty sure with his personality that he will continue (to perform in) that way.”City are also set to face Eden Hazard, a player Guardiola described as “one of the best in the world”.Hazard joked in an interview with Belgian media during the week that the only way City could improve was by signing him.Guardiola, joining in with the joke, responded: “That is not going to happen.”The City manager, asked how dangerous the Chelsea playmaker is, added: “A lot. He said that he’s so good and I am agreeing with him. Switch on the TV and look at him. You realise his qualities. He is one of the best players in the world.”Share on: WhatsApp Manchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Pep Guardiola is confident that Manchester City will not be banned from the Champions League at the end of an ongoing Financial Fair Play investigation after speaking with the club’s senior figures.UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has promised that there will be action “very soon” regarding its assessment of allegations that City broke FFP rules.The German magazine Der Spiegel, using material purportedly obtained from the whistleblowing outlet Football Leaks, reported in November that City had set up sponsorship deals to circumvent regulations limiting how much money owners can put into a club.City responded to that report by saying there had been an “organised and clear” attempt to damage the club’s reputation and that the emails that allegedly informed the accusations had been obtained illegally.A ban from UEFA competitions, including the Champions League, is a potential punishment if City are found guilty of FFP breaches.The club were fined 60 million euros ($68 million) and subjected to squad, wage and spending caps in a 2014 settlement agreed with UEFA following a previous breach of the rules.Guardiola says City would accept a ban but does not believe it is likely after discussions with chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak and chief executive Ferran Soriano.He said: “We will not be banned, no. That’s what I think because I trust in my chairman, with my CEO, what they have explained to me. I trust in them.“If it happens, because UEFA decide that, we will accept it and move forward.”While City are being investigated off the pitch, the team are continuing to enjoy fine form on it, leading the Premier League by two points going into the weekend’s fixtures.Guardiola’s side, unbeaten in their opening 15 league games, visit Chelsea on Saturday, where they are likely to face Jorginho, a player Guardiola tried unsuccessfully to sign from Napoli in the summer.
The memory of Kiko and Futre“Radomir was a person with capital letters“sentenced Kiko, one of the figures of that Atlético that Antic returned to Neptuno, the one with the double.”He believed in coexistence a lot. He said: ‘Great players don’t make a team, a locker room does make a team“He added while recalling those Fridays of beer and omelette in which Antic gathered the entire squad in the Calderón box.” He was a coach who gave the footballer a lot of freedom. “Antic has been a part of my life. No one could have convinced me to play again and he did it. The emotions I experienced during that time … “, also related Futre. For everyone it is very difficult to think, to speak of him in the past. The Atlético flag in the Wanda Metropolitano has been flying at half-staff since yesterday afternoon for the death of Radomir Antic due to pancreatis. It is the only tribute that in these moments of coronavirus, with Spain in alarm, the country confined, without funerals or burials, the club rojiblanco can do. But there will be more, there will be insurance as soon as all this happens. The president of Atlético, Enrique Cerezo, advanced it in The spar of the Cadena SER last night.“Let no one worry, that Radomir Antic will have his tribute“, declared the rojiblanco leader in the particular tribute that the program dedicated to the memory of the coach, rojiblanca legend, in which Kiko and Futre also participated.”Antic will always remain in the memory of all athletes“Cerezo argued before adding what that double meant for the club in 1996, the one Antic brought from his hand.” The celebration of the double will never be forgotten. We practically came to play the descent. “
In addition, her hitting percentage of .277 ranks her first in her conference for outside hitters, while her 0.31 aces per set in league play was second overall. She also placed in the top four on the Rams in digs, blocks and assists.Cranston also stepped her game up even further when it mattered, as the Rams had to win their final eight games of the season in order to earn their fourth straight Mountain West title. During that stretch of games, she had 17 kills or more in five of those contests.The Fort St. John born volleyball star also excelled off the court during her time with the Rams, as she is currently a finalist for the prestigious Senior CLASS Award, which honours students who excel on the court in their academic studies and within their respective communities and who exhibit great character.She is also a three-time Academic All-District selection and is included on the Capital One Academic All-America Ballot, which will be announced Thursday, December 13.Advertisement As a team, the Rams finished their season with a record of 21-8, winning their fourth consecutive Mountain West title, advancing to the NCAA tournament for the 18th straight season. That streak is the seventh longest active streak in the country. It was also the fourth straight year Cranston won the conference with the Rams, which earned her the title in all four years of her NCAA career.Cranston will now join head coach Tom Hilbert and the volleyball coaching staff at this week’s NCAA Final Four in Louisville, Ky., where she will be honoured Friday at the AVCA All-America/Player of the Year Banquet. As a result of receiving the honour, Cranston was named to the American Volleyball Coaches Association third team, while teammates Brieon Paige and Megan Plourde earned honourable mention recognition.Wednesday, Cranston weighed in on the tremendous accomplishment, saying that it’s more than just an individual honour, as she attributed much of her success to the Rams athletic program.”This is such a humbling and amazing honour. It shows the success of our program, and that we are doing this the right way here. I’m so happy the program, university and my teammates get recognized through this.”- Advertisement -Cranston is now the 11th All-American from CSU now has 11 winners. Only 17 programs across the United States have earned as many All-American awards as CSU. The Rams have also had three All-American selections in the past two seasons, following three years without recognition.It’s been a tremendous senior year of accomplishments for the Rams’ outside hitter, who, last month, received her second All-Mountain West Selection and was also named the 2012 Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Player of the Year.During her senior year on the court, Cranston led her Rams in kills and points and ranks second in the Mountain West.Advertisement
0Shares0000Gor Mahia head coach Dylan Kerr receiving the Fidelity Insurance Coach of the Month for September. Photo/SJAKNAIROBI, Kenya, Nov 16 – Gor Mahia head coach Dylan Kerr was on Thursday named the Fidelity Insurance Coach of the Month for September at the team’s Camp Toyoyo training ground.Kerr, who has guided K’Ogalo to the 2017 Kenyan Premier League title, was unanimously voted by the Sports Journalists Association of Kenya (SJAK) Football Commission after going unbeaten that month, winning four and drawing one out of five games to collect 13 points out of a possible 15 points. Gor started the month with a 4-0 drubbing over Nzoia Sugar, then thrashed Chemelil Sugar 3-0 away before being held to a goalless draw by Thika United away at the Thika Sub-County Stadium.Kerr returned to winning ways when he guided the record 16 time KPL champions to a 2-0 victory over Tusker FC, beat Sofapaka 2-1 before ending the month in style with a 3-1 win over Bandari.Kerr was nominated alongside Kakamega Homeboyz tactician Mike Mururi but the Kogalo coach triumphed.Kerr tatoo. Photo/SJAKUpon confirming his first ever league victory, Kerr emblazoned Gor Mahia’s crest on his left leg in a permanent tattoo and reaffirmed his commitment to the club.“I’m not going anywhere. I have a commitment to Gor Mahia and my focus is on building the team for next year’s CAF Champions League and another premier league medal. We have worked hard this season and will definitely put in more effort to perform better,” Said the jubilant tactician“It has taken combined effort from the players, staff and club officials for Gor Mahia to play how it did and we can only get better. We have identified players and areas to strengthen so we are due to sit down as a club and make decisions, the right ones for next season’s busy schedule.” He added.Dylan Kerr has been named the September Fidelity Insuarance Coach of the Month. Photo/DYLAN KERRKerr has promised to wrap the league title with a good display against Sony Sugar in their last match of the season this Saturday in Kisumu. Besides playing for maximum points in that tie, Kerr wants to give the fans a good season ender.“The Kenyan league is big and should be supported more. The league organizers and federation should do more to market the league to bring fans to stadium. It’s really disheartening to see 22 fans in the stadium and thousands of empty seats yet the football served is of high quality. Something must be done to rectify that.”“Our last game should be thrilling and we have worked on it without any complacency of having won the title. We want to play well and win for our fans. That way lifting the title feels good. Losing a match then walking to collect winners’ medals does not feel right so we have to win that game,” He added.The Briton, who joined Gor in mid season after Jose Marcelo ‘Zemaria’ had ditched the club, has an outstanding record with the Kenyan giant club, only losing once against Mathare United.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Mayor Ackerman starts by expressing where the need for the Community Foundation comes from. With a Legacy Agreement with Peace River Partners the City of Fort St. John will receive a percentage of funds over a period of years. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – On the recent Moose Talks radio show, Mayor Lori Ackerman spoke about the importance and planning of the Community Foundation. The Community Foundation will be a way for the community to be able to decide where these monies are directed to by taking the decision making away from municipal government and rather in the hands of the Foundation that would run by its own board. To view the Let’s Talk Page; CLICK HERE Advertisement – Advertisement -Currently the city of Fort St. John has a Let’s Talk page with information and a survey, which Mayor Ackerman encourages citizens to participate in and use their voice.
Celtic can make up for last year’s disappointment when they take on Malmo in the Champions League play-off first leg.The club were beaten by Maribor and defender Mikael Lustig explained he and his team-mates are going to make sure they don’t mess it up again.One thing is certain, though: European nights at Celtic Park are hard to beat. “It’s just unbelievable to have Champions League games at Celtic Park,” Lustig said.Here, talkSPORT looks at five photos of previous nights when the stadium was rocking. 5 Celtic beat Barcelona in 2012 – click the arrow to see more great photos from those European nights in Glasgow – Celtic host Malmo in the first of a two legged Champions League play-off match, with a place in the group stage at stake. Over the years, Benfica and Real Madrid have been beaten at Celtic Park and here, talkSPORT looks at a few of the recent glory nights in Glasgow. In 2012, fans were celebrating the club’s 125th birthday and Victor Wanyama and Tony Watt helped see of Barcelona in the group stage. European champions Milan humbled in Glasgow – click the arrow to see another famous night involving Italian opposition – A late Scott McDonald goal saw Milan lose in torrential rain at Celtic Park as Dida failed to hold onto Gary Caldwell’s shot. Scoring four against Juventus in 2001 – Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see which Euro giant was beaten to seal a last 16 place – Chris Sutton scored twice and Lubomír Moravcik was superb as Celtic beat a Juventus containing Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet 4-3. Joos Valgaeren and Henrik Larsson scored the others, but it was not enough to prevent them exiting the Champions League. However, their third place ensured them a place in the UEFA Cup. 5 5 Drama at Celtic Park as Shakhter Karagandy are beaten in stoppage time – Kris Commons, Georgios Samaras and a James Forrest goal right at the death secured Celtic’s place in the Champions League group stage. A 3-0 win on the night saw the Bhoys progress on aggregate and sent Neil Lennon sprinting down the touchline in celebration. 5 5 Free-kick maestro Nakamura brings the house down against Man United – Artur Boruc saved a penalty, while Shunsuke Nakamura’s 30-yard free-kick 10 minutes before the end helped Celtic into the Champions League last 16 for the first time.
Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal could complete their first transfer of the January window within 10 days.The Gunners are being heavily linked with a move for Basel midfielder Mohamed Elneny, with some reports suggesting a medical has already been passed, although he will still have to get a work permit.But, should the deal for the Egyptian go through, Wenger has admitted it’s unlikely he will buy any more players, insisting he has plenty of players returning from injury soon.Asked whether he would respond to questions about any possible moves, despite his usual coyness, Wenger replied: “I don’t give much away [about transfers] because I don’t know [what’s going on].“I want to talk about them and hopefully we are capable of doing something in the next 10 days.“It’s more about quality than quantity because our players will not stay out injured forever. Francis Coquelin is starting to run, Santi Cazorla will be back in mid-February, and Mikel Arteta is back now so, hopefully, if we can add one and, if needed, two maximum.“It’s not a dream. Nobody knocks at your door at Christmas and says ‘I have a fantastic player to sell to Arsenal.’ You have to be realistic.”
Elaine McKean and Roger Crown were the talk of the town as they travelled to their wedding at Ballylennon Presbyterian Church Co. Donegal this weekend.The couple arrived at the church in a custom-built vehicle that was beautifully decorated and a true labour of love from Elaine’s father.Elaine is the daughter of local farmer Joe and Elizabeth McKean of Ashlane, Porthall. She left her father in charge of getting her to the church and that he did as he enlisted the help of close friends Tony Rodgers and Vincent McGrath (pictured above) to put his unique idea in motion. Over a few weeks, the team sandblasted and resprayed a David Brown D30 white and made a stunning carriage, much to the delight of his daughter.Joe’s ideas have helped raise hundreds of thousands for local charities over the years and when the transport was revealed you knew Joe McKean had a part to play in it.Photo by: Máirtín Mac CrábhagáinDonegal couple turn heads in custom wedding tractor and carriage! was last modified: April 17th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:cartractorwedding
Scoil Mhuire, Buncrana 0 De La Salle, Wicklow 0 (De La Salle won 8-7 on penalties)DE LA Salle, Wicklow secured the Umbro FAIS Junior Boys’ title against Scoil Mhuire, Buncrana in yesterday’s final at Oriel Park but only after a sudden-death penalty shoot-out.The champions enjoyed the bulk of chances but the more they squandered, the more Scoil Mhuire grew in confidence. The Donegal school had a chance to clinch the trophy during sudden death of the penalty shoot-out only for goalkeeper Andy Murphy to block Daniel Doherty’s attempt and Cian Verney converted the decisive spot-kick for De La Salle.SCOIL MHUIRE : Harry Doherty, Batty Barber, Ryan Doherty, Peter Doherty, Bruce Waldron, Ryan Curren, Ryan Varma, Daragh O’Connor, Peter McLaughlin, Mark Timlin, Daniel Doherty.DE LA SALLE : Andrew Murphy, Luke Earls, John Crowe, Bryan Doyle, Karl Earls, Nathan Fagan (Cian Verney 64 mins), Simon Bouchier (Luke Byrne 84 mins), Adam Cox, Mark O’Sullivan, James Kavanagh, Dylan Orr.HEARTACHE FOR BUNCRANA SCHOOLBOYS AS THEY LOSE ON PENALTIES IN FINAL was last modified: March 24th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
DONEGAL captain Michael Murphy has praised former county boss Jim McGuinness and vowed to continue the county’s success under a new coach.Murphy – who runs Michael Murphy Sports in Letterkenny with fellow county player Neil Gallagher – was speaking during a live online question and answer session on their sports shop’s social media sites.Responding to Donegal fan Sharon Walsh, the Glenswilly player replied: “Obviously Jim has left in recent weeks after a very successful time for all of here in Donegal. We have had 4 fantastic years, winning 3 Ulster championships and an All Ireland and Jim has played a huge part in that. “He has inspired us all and helped us all as footballers and people.”But Murphy was also looking the the future.He went on: “As a team of players we must all now move on and fully commit behind the next manager, whoever that may be, and we will all put our best foot forward for the good of Donegal by trying our very best to continue our success of recent years.” DONEGAL CAPTAIN MICHAEL MURPHY: ‘JIM WAS INSPIRATION, NOW WE’LL GET BEHIND NEW MANAGER’ was last modified: October 16th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Jim McGuinnessMichael MurphyMichael Murphy Sportsonline