FIFA stands by evaluation of Colombia’s Women’s World Cup bid

first_img Loading… Promoted Content11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthTop 9 Scariest Haunted Castles In EuropeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World “I am confident that the evaluation process that FIFA has conducted has adhered to the key principles of objectivity, vision, transparency, commitment to human rights and sustainability,” said the letter which was copied to members of the FIFA Council. In response to a claim that FIFA’s evaluation had cast doubt over the security situation in Colombia, Samoura recognised that there had been improvements but said that “all sources reviewed by experts indicated an elevated level of risk” compared to other bids. read also:Atalanta formally sign Colombian striker In terms of health and medical facilities, she said that “a medium level of risk was deemed appropriate” and that serious conditions may require international evacuation. She said the altitude of Bogota — 2,644 meters — was among the factors taken into account From a commercial point of view, Samoura said the forecast revenues from a tournament in Colombia were “modest” and the projected ticketing revenue of $22.4 million was significantly lower than the previous tournament in France in 2019. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img FIFA is standing by its technical evaluation of Colombia’s bid to host the 2023 women’s World Cup, telling the country’s unhappy soccer chief that the assessment was conducted in a “highly objective” manner. Colombian Football Federation president Ramon Jesurun wrote to FIFA last week, along with South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) president Alejandro Dominguez, to complain of “erroneous and discriminatory conclusions” in its report on the bid. The Colombian proposal to bring the tournament to South America for the first time received the lowest score among FIFA’s evaluation of the three bids to host the tournament. The joint bid from Australia and New Zealand was rated 4.1 out of a maximum of five in the report. Japan was awarded 3.9 but Colombia scored only 2.8 ahead of next Thursday’s vote. In a four-page letter seen by Reuters, FIFA secretary general Fatma Samoura replied that “all steps were taken to conduct the evaluation in a highly objective manner.”Advertisementlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *