ACG School Jakarta suspends classes after teacher suspected of having COVID-19

first_img“We urge the school and wider community to follow World Health Organization guidance to protect themselves and help prevent the spread of the virus,” he added.He added that the school would provide students with a guided online curriculum and online teaching support throughout the closure.The school offers kindergarten, elementary and secondary education programs and employs foreign as well as local teachers.As of Monday, the Health Ministry has tested 155 suspected COVID-19 patients, of which two are positive and currently being treated at the Sulianti Saroso Infectious Disease Hospital in North Jakarta. Four patients are being retested for the novel coronavirus, while the remaining patients have been declared virus-free. (ars)Editor’s Note: The article has been updated to clarify the statement by ACG principal Shawn Hutchinson.Topics : “Our students will continue learning and carrying out class work from home via our online learning platforms. Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of the school and wider community,” said ACG principal Shawn Hutchinson.”If you or any of your family exhibit flu-like symptoms, please seek medical advice immediately and update us as soon as possible,” Hutchinson said.Read also: Indonesia to test more people for COVID-19He went on to say that that advice applied to all pupils, parents, staff and visitors.  ACG School Jakarta, a Joint Cooperation School (SPK) in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta, has suspended classes and all extracurricular activities after one of its teachers was suspected of having the novel coronavirus, which leads to COVID-19.In a statement released on Monday, the school announced it would halt operations starting on Tuesday. The teacher has been tested for COVID-19 and the school is currently waiting for the results.”As a precaution, we have already put in place a 14-day self-quarantine period for all students and staff, except a few staff members who are overseeing cleaning, security and other key services. last_img read more

Bag a Brisbane unit bargain before they are all gone

first_img How to stay in love during a reno >>FOLLOW EMILY BLACK ON FACEBOOK<< RELATED: The communal area at the Water St apartment complex.“In 12 months our current supply levels will be absorbed and we will be in the same sort of space as 2009, where there’s just nothing around and it will take years to catch that up again.”Mr Walker said if banks had a more controlled and sustained approach to the financial situation, more quality local developers would be building.“If negative gearing is removed from the landscape as well, then we’re in a situation where good quality product is going to be sold well,” he said. BUYER’S MARKET: It’s the right time to grab a discounted unit like this one at 1108/338 Water St in Fortitude Valley, that’s on the market for $339,000. Research by PRDnationwide puts the shortfall at 15,500 apartments by 2023.“There’s always going to be a two to three-year horizon for developers to be making changes and … this year there’s a bit of a low but it flings back up a little bit in 2020,” PRDnationwide research analyst Josh Mangleson said.“That’s reflective of the fact that developers put on their brakes in the last year or so.”The latest Place Advisory Apartment Report said Brisbane was now on the “cusp of change” after a period of significant construction.“This did, however, temporarily create a supply surplus and subsequent subdued price growth in the region was widely recognised during this period,” the report said.“Simultaneous strengthening of the local economy and increasing population growth is seeing supply absorption occur and the rental market strengthen in parallel — helping inner Brisbane’s property market transition into a new growth cycle.” Place Advisory director Lachlan Walker said the market faced a similar scenario in 2007-2008 when the global financial crisis hit and supply tightened substantially. “The cheaper investment product, which doesn’t really have a secondary market place outside of an investor, that’s going to struggle a bit, but that good solid stuff that investors buy that can be sold back to an owner- occupier in the future, that’s going to be the product that goes really well and continues to see price growth.’’ The oversupply of apartments in the Brisbane market has been a hot topic in recent months but experts are now predicting a looming undersupply within five years. Place Advisory’s Lachlan Walker.“All the projects that were currently in the market place were slowly getting absorbed and there was no future supply coming,” Mr Walker said.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus14 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market14 hours ago“The first new large release following the GFC, was in 2010 and that was over in Hamilton Harbour, which then started that next cycle that we saw, which follows the next five years.“In that five-year period, we probably caught back the demand, or the supply imbalance between 2008 and 2011 and then probably overshot that a little bit through 2015-2016.’’But Mr Walker said bureaucratic measures taken to curve the market place has pushed it back too far.“We’ve gone past that period of balance and we’re now in a market where it’s almost impossible to get finance, unless you’re very, very well heeled,” he said.“Brisbane is the most difficult place to deliver any new stock, so those who do get into the market place in the next 12 months are going to do well but there will be a lot that just won’t happen. Buyer pays $4m for 20-year-old unit Brisbane homes listed at $300k MORE:last_img read more

Cricket News Three Maidens In A Twenty20 International – Deepti Sharma Of India Creates Record

first_imgNew Delhi: In Twenty20 Internationals, bowling a maiden over is a rare feat. However, Deepti Sharma of India created a unique and historic feat in the Twenty20 International between India and South Africa at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium in Surat on Tuesday. Sharma, the offbreak bowler, ended with incredible figures of 4-3-8-3 as India won a close match by 11 runs against South Africa. The series is part of the build-up for the women’s cricket team ahead of the Women’s World T20 which will be played in Australia in February. Deepti was the star in what was a polished bowling performance from India in their defence of 131.Deepti bowled the third over of the innings and she started off with a maiden over. However, in her second over, she was brilliant by removing Tazmin Britts and Nadine de Klerk in the same over. With figures of 2-2-0-2, Deepti was taken off the attack only for her to return in grand style in the 14th over and bowl a wicket-maiden, having taken the scalp of Shabnim Ismail to leave South Africa reeling at 73/7. Deepti bowled the 19th over when South Africa were going for the attack but conceded just eight runs which did not include a single boundary. Deepti became the first Indian bowler and ninth overall to bowl three or more maidens in a Twenty20 International game. Carol Namugenyi of Uganda, Kayleen Green of Namibia, Constancia Kauripeke of Namibia, Anam Amin of Pakistan, Tasmeen Granger and Anesu Mushangwe of Zimbabwe and Margueritte Vumiliya of Rwanda are the others to have bowled three maidens. However, the only bowler in history to bowl all four maidens is Perice Mamunya of Tanzania and she achieved this record in the game against Mali women in the Twenty20 clash in Gahanga International Cricket Stadium, Kigali on June 22, 2019.Also Read | THIS player wanted indefinite break from International Cricket after World Cup T20Deepti’s efforts ensured India continued to build momentum for the World T20 after South Africa chose to bowl at Surat. Ismail got rid of Shafali Vaidya in the first over. Smriti Mandhana looked in good touch but she also fell for a quickfire 21. It required a 46-run stand between Harmanpreet Kaur and Deepti to help India cross 100 but India lost their way in the death overs, managing just 25 runs in four overs. Also Read | BCCI confirms three-team Women T20 ChallengeIn response, South Africa never got going against the spin of Deepti and Poonam Yadav. However, Mignon du Preez kept the fight going for South Africa. du Preez got going with two boundaries off Poonam Yadav but she gave India some nervous moments with a six and a four off Radhav Yadav. When du Preez launched Harmanpreet for her second six, South Africa had staged a fightback. du Preez smashed her fifty and in the final over, with South Africa needing 18 and with Radha Yadav bowling, she went for the attack. du Preez launched the first ball for a six but was stumped off the fourth ball and India managed to hold their nerve.The second match of the five-game series will be played on September 26. After the end of the five-match series, the teams will play three ODIs in Vadodara. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Super Eagles Challenge Brazil in Singapore

first_imgSuper Eagles After going unbeaten for 17 games since being knocked out of the 2018 World Cup, the draw against Senegal extended Brazil’s run without a victory to three games following their matches in September when they drew against Colombia and lost against Peru. It’s the longest sequence without a win since coach Tite took over in 2016.Nigeria finished third in the Africa Cup of Nations in the summer and most recently drew 2-2 in Ukraine, meaning they have now lost five of their last seven fixtures against non-African opponents, including friendlies.The coronation of Brazil as Copa America champions this summer was their finest moment as a footballing nation since they last lifted the trophy in 2007, but things have since been tougher for Tite and co.The Selecao have not won since their 3-1 triumph over Peru in July’s final, losing to the same opposition in Los Angeles last month in addition to draws with Colombia and Senegal.Should they fail to beat the Super Eagles today, then it would be their longest winless run since a streak of five successive draws which ended in May 2004.It is not as though they have been playing weakened teams in these friendlies either; the likes of Neymar, Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho all started on Thursday as Brazil failed to beat Senegal.Alisson and Danilo are both injured, meaning Ederson will continue in goal for Brazil. Renan Lodi, Marcinho and Matheus Henrique will all hope to make their first international starts.Nigeria’s youthful squad includes just two players older than 29, with defender William Troost-Ekong boasting 39 caps – the most of the 22-man squad.The Super Eagles have had some withdrawals from the original squad named by coach Gernot Rohr. Most recently, midfielder Peter Etebo did not travel due to a visa issue whereas Kenneth Omeruo, Ola Aina and Samuel Kalu are all missing through injury.Brazil’s success at the 2019 Copa America was built largely on their defensive prowess, with the only goal they conceded in six matches being a penalty in the final.Including the final, which ended 3-1 to Brazil, the Selecao have now shipped five goals in their last four games, failing to keep a clean sheet in any of those fixtures.Meanwhile, the Eagles have managed 10 goals in their last six games and after seeing Senegal fire 10 shots against Brazil on Thursday, the Super Eagles will be confident of finding the net today.Brazil are likely to rotate the strong defence they played against Senegal and that could allow Nigeria to have plenty of chances to score.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Demola OjoThree-time African champions, Nigeria’s Super Eagles, will this afternoon in Singapore take on arguably football’s most glamorous national team, Brazil, in a mouth watering friendly encounter. Fresh off a 2-2 draw with Ukraine in another international friendly last month, the Super Eagles will be loking to deny the South American champions their first victory since winning the Copa America in July.The five-time world champions are currently enduring their longest wait for victory since 2013 and were held by Senegal at the same venue in Singapore on Thursday.last_img read more