Arsenal Confirm Mustafi, Perez Signings

first_imgThey have already added midfielders Granit Xhaka and Kelechi Nwakali, defender Rob Holding and forward Takuma Asano, 21, to their squad. Everton were closing in on Perez before Arsenal declared their interest. Japanese striker Asano, who joined from Sanfrecce Hiroshima in July, will join Bundesliga side Stuttgart on a season-long loan.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal have signed Germany defender Shkodran Mustafi and Spanish striker Lucas Perez. The pair are set to cost Arsenal around £52m – taking the club’s summer spending to almost £100m – and Wenger says he expects no more transfers before Wednesday’s deadline.“We have bought two players, Mustafi and Perez. We had to work very hard to get signings done,” he said. “We have no plans for anyone else now.”Former Everton centre-back Mustafi, 24, is set to sign a five-year contract from Valencia, for a fee in excess of £35m. Arsenal had already agreed to meet a 20m euro (£17.1m) clause to sign Deportivo La Coruna forward Perez, 27, who scored 17 goals in 37 games last season.last_img read more

Syracuse begins 10-game field hockey schedule against Duke on Sept. 18

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ The Daily Orange is a nonprofit newsroom that receives no funding from Syracuse University. Consider donating today to support our mission.Syracuse field hockey will play a shortened 10-game schedule this fall that includes six conference games, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced Friday. The Orange open their season Sept. 18 with a home game against Duke, though the game won’t count as one of the six conference games. SU’s first conference game that counts toward the standings, also against Duke, comes two days later.Syracuse, which finished fifth out of seven ACC teams last season with a 3-3 conference record, is set to play doubleheaders against Duke, Virginia, Boston College and Wake Forest in addition to one game against North Carolina and Louisville. For the four teams the Orange are playing twice, only one game will apply for the ACC’s standings.SU has home games against Duke, Boston College and Louisville. The team will travel to North Carolina, the defending national champions, as well as Virginia and Wake Forest.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe ACC Championship — scheduled to take place at Duke’s Jack Katz Stadium on Nov. 5, 6 and 8 — will be a single-elimination tournament featuring all seven of the conference’s teams. Syracuse lost 1-0 to Louisville in the first round of the ACC Championship last season. Although the Orange made the NCAA tournament, they were also eliminated in the first round after a 5-1 loss to Princeton.  Published on September 4, 2020 at 1:06 pm Contact Roshan: [email protected] | @Roshan_f16center_img Commentslast_img read more

Mayweather-McGregor to be shown live in movie theaters

first_imgEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend McGregor blasts Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC return Indian national gunned down in Camarines Sur Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next ‘I’m out!’: PewDiePie releases last video before taking break from YouTube Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacsoncenter_img LeBron James scores 31 points, Lakers beat Rockets Warriors’ Draymond Green sued over alleged assault by couple View comments Kawhi Leonard, Clippers rally to beat Pelicans Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite MOST READ Meanwhile, movie theater tickets for the fighting spectacle of the year are being sold at $40 per adult in advance. A complete list of participating theaters can be found at www.FathomEvents.com .Fathom Events and Mayweather Promotions announced the partnership on Tuesday.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Mayweather is coming out of retirement for a boxing match against a UFC star who has never boxed professionally. UFC president Dana White, center, intervenes as boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor exchange words during a news conference at Staples Center Tuesday, July 11, 2017, in Los Angeles. The two are scheduled to fight in a boxing match in Las Vegas on Aug. 26. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)Movie theaters around the U.S. will show the Aug. 26 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor.The bout between the undefeated boxer and the Irish UFC champion will cost $99.95 on high-definition pay-per-view TV. Tickets for the fight at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena will range from $500 to $10,000 — and there aren’t many $500 seats.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

UEFA Champions League: 4-goal Hero Serge Gnabry Describes Bayern Munich’s Rout of Spurs as Message of Intent

first_img bayern munichfootballRobert Lewandowskiserge gnabry First Published: October 2, 2019, 4:13 PM IST Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time. London: After his four-goal haul, Serge Gnabry says Bayern Munich’s 7-2 gala romp at Tottenham Hotspur sent a “big message” to their Champions League rivals.Gnabry dazzled at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Tuesday as Bayern handed their hosts the highest-ever home defeat suffered by an English team in European competition. The former Arsenal winger netted his four goals in a devastating second-half spell while Poland striker Robert Lewandowski also scored twice as Spurs’ defence capitulated.”I think (the other teams know) we are not stopping,” Gnabry told reporters after his first Champions League goals in his 12th appearance at this level.”After going 3-1 or 4-2 up we could have stopped but we wanted more.”I think it’s a big message for everyone else.”Germany legend and Sky pundit Lothar Matthaeus agreed that Bayern “set an example to their international competition as far as the Champions League title is concerned.”I don’t want to say that they are title candidates, but this result will give them self-confidence,” he added.Schalala la la la la la, Bayern München! #TOTFCB #MiaSanMia pic.twitter.com/BHzORh9xb7— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) October 1, 2019 Gnabry is no stranger to claiming goals in high-score wins after a hat-trick on his Germany debut three years ago in an 8-0 romp at minnows San Marino in a 2018 World Cup qualifier.However, the 24-year-old admits his four goals is something special.’HARD TO PUT INTO WORDS'”It’s hard to put it in words. I think the last time I scored four goals was when I was a child,” he laughed.”I’m very happy with my performance of course and glad I could help the team to such a big win,” he said.”It was a great performance — one of the best we’ve had so far.”Tottenham’s early lead by Son Heung-min was wiped out 194 seconds later by Joshua Kimmich as Bayern led 2-1 at half-time after a superb Lewandowski finish just before the whistle.The second-half belonged to Gnabry as the ex-Arsenal forward broke down the left after the break, burst into the box and drilled into the bottom corner.He struck again two minutes later, firing home after Spurs’ Harry Winks lost possession.The hosts pulled back to 4-2 on the hour mark when Harry Kane converted a penalty after a foul on Danny Rose, but it was all Bayern from then on.Gnabry sealed his hat-trick on 83 minutes after getting behind Spurs’ defence, yet there was still time for Lewandowski to side home a sixth for the Germans.The result is Bayern’s second highest away victory in the Champions League’s group phase, bettered only by their 7-1 thrashing of Roma in October 2014.Bayern now have 10 goals from two group games to sit top of Group B having seen off Red Star Belgrade 3-0 and on present form are steaming towards the last 16.Gnabry was born in Stuttgart, but joined Arsenal’s academy as a teenager before moving back to Germany for spells at Werder Bremen, Hoffenheim and then Bayern recruited him as replacement for Arjen Robben in 2017.He said knowing his family were watching in London urged him on.”I believe the pressure helped a bit. My dad said I had to play well”, but Gnabry insisted the German league leaders must stay focused.”Seven goals don’t happen often but we have to keep our feet on the ground,” warned Gnabry.”If we do that then performances like that can come more often.””It was a great night and we’re in a good place now in the Champions League.”Germany’s press swooned over his four-star performance with football magazine Kicker full of praise for “Gala Gnabry” while daily Bild enthused “Blimey Bayern!”. last_img read more