FIFA stands by evaluation of Colombia’s Women’s World Cup bid

first_img Loading… Promoted Content11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthTop 9 Scariest Haunted Castles In EuropeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World “I am confident that the evaluation process that FIFA has conducted has adhered to the key principles of objectivity, vision, transparency, commitment to human rights and sustainability,” said the letter which was copied to members of the FIFA Council. In response to a claim that FIFA’s evaluation had cast doubt over the security situation in Colombia, Samoura recognised that there had been improvements but said that “all sources reviewed by experts indicated an elevated level of risk” compared to other bids. read also:Atalanta formally sign Colombian striker In terms of health and medical facilities, she said that “a medium level of risk was deemed appropriate” and that serious conditions may require international evacuation. She said the altitude of Bogota — 2,644 meters — was among the factors taken into account From a commercial point of view, Samoura said the forecast revenues from a tournament in Colombia were “modest” and the projected ticketing revenue of $22.4 million was significantly lower than the previous tournament in France in 2019. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img FIFA is standing by its technical evaluation of Colombia’s bid to host the 2023 women’s World Cup, telling the country’s unhappy soccer chief that the assessment was conducted in a “highly objective” manner. Colombian Football Federation president Ramon Jesurun wrote to FIFA last week, along with South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) president Alejandro Dominguez, to complain of “erroneous and discriminatory conclusions” in its report on the bid. The Colombian proposal to bring the tournament to South America for the first time received the lowest score among FIFA’s evaluation of the three bids to host the tournament. The joint bid from Australia and New Zealand was rated 4.1 out of a maximum of five in the report. Japan was awarded 3.9 but Colombia scored only 2.8 ahead of next Thursday’s vote. In a four-page letter seen by Reuters, FIFA secretary general Fatma Samoura replied that “all steps were taken to conduct the evaluation in a highly objective manner.”Advertisementlast_img read more

Jamaican Government Issues Warning to Hotel Entities

first_imgCMC The new corridor was introduced on July 15. Similar to the North Coast Resilient Corridor, which was introduced in June, this area will welcome visitors with robust health and safety protocols. “I’m not going to mince words on it, the instruction from me is to shut them down if they don’t comply. This is not just a South Coast edict, this is a Jamaica edict, it’s for every tourism facility that is operating in Jamaica. “If you are not COVID compliant we are going to shut you down and whether you’re big or you’re small, because we cannot compromise on health security,” Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said, during a tour of the newly opened South Coast Resilient Corridor in Manchester, in west central Jamaica over the last weekend. “So, the message to the South Coast is that this corridor is going to be managed as tight, if not tighter, as we are trying to manage the Northern corridor and breaches within this corridor are going to be met with very strong action,” Bartlett said, noting that a team is in place, comprising government personnel and private sector stakeholders, to monitor and ensure compliance. KINGSTON, Jamaica, Jul 20, CMC – The Jamaica government is warning tourism entities that they will be shut down if they fail to comply with health and safety protocols designed to facilitate the phased reopening of the tourism sector, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In his address, Bartlett sought to underscore the importance of tourism interests working in collaboration with various ministries and agencies, including the Ministries of Tourism and Health and Wellness.center_img He said such collaboration was necessary in ensuring adherence to the protocols and effectively managing the process of containing the virus “to keep Jamaica safe, secure and seamless for ourselves first and our friends and visitors. “The start of the South Coast phase of the reopening is very important to us,” Bartlett said, noting that “this is a really popular region for Jamaicans and some international visitors, because this is country style tourism”. “So if you are a little man and you’re not compliant, if you’re a medium sized man and you’re not compliant, if you’re a big man and you’re not compliant, any man you are and you are not compliant, you’re going to be treated the same.” Bartlett said lined that Jamaica has to be strong in its resolve “because we recognize that we’re operating in a global community that is still not compliant fully” with the spread of the virus being seen in Jamaica’s source markets “in a manner that is frightening to some of us”. Jamaica’s minister of tourism, Ed Bartlettlast_img read more

Kingston lift KWL U-15 cricket crown

first_imgKingston’s Under-15 cricket team lifted the 2015 Kingston Wharves Under-15 crown last Friday after they defeated defending champions St Elizabeth by 59 runs at Sabina Park.As Kingston Wharves Limited (KWL) celebrates its 70th anniversary and 26 years as title sponsors of the competition, Kingston have achieved what could be considered a memorable victory.Scores: Kingston, 171 for nine in their allotted 40 overs; St Elizabeth, 112 all out. George Seymour led the way for Kingston with 50 not out while Razzaq Williams scored 48.In the bowling department, Rajiv Redhi bagged 4 for 26 from eight overs. He was supported by Matthew Comrie, 2-for 10, and Akeem Malcolm, 2-for 27.Joseph Simpson, 20, and Joshua Watson, 16, top-scored for St Elizabeth, while Roberto Simpson took three wickets for 14 runs and Romario Moxam, two for 28.”We went to the final last year with the same team and lost by one run. It was a big disappointment for most of us to lose a competition by one run, so to come back this year and do it all over with the same team is wonderful,” said Kingston’s coach Marlon Ramdeen.St Elizabeth’s coach, Tedroy Bromfield, bemoaned his team’s poor fielding and bowling.TOO MANY EXTRAS”We had too many extras – 40. The boys didn’t maintain their discipline and dropped some catches, so we let ourselves down by not doing the basics right,” Bromfield said.Mark Williams, chief operating officer of KWL, lauded the young cricketers.”Young men, this is your starting ground. All the big-named players – Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor, even Stafanie Taylor – they all came through Kingston Wharves Under-15, so you are having a good launching pad,” he said.Kingston Wharves awarded four cash bursaries to the most valuable players from the four semi-finalists, and their total sponsorship package is worth approximately $5 million annually.last_img read more